No I did not lose my job, however the hospital is cracking down on overtime hours and hours worked above your FTE (scheduled minimum ... i.e. my FTE is 32 hrs/week). Well it just so happens that I went into work today to work a 12 hour shift and because I was over my FTE, I was sent home after 4 hours. What? This is unreal, I have never encountered this before. I thought the economy would never touch nursing. crap.
On the bright side, I was able to spend the afternoon outside. I certainly can't complain too much about having the afternoon off! I picked strawberries with my mom and proceeded to make 2 batches of strawberry jam and then froze the other strawberries! Mmm mmm good. The other positive is that I was able to talk with Lincoln multiple times today (before he boarded the plane.) Yeah, about that ... I'm doing better. Still sad, and probably will be an emotional wreck for the next 2 weeks, but I'll survive.
Well I'm off to bed ... supposed to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow ... we'll see if that happens.
*My baby is literally flying across the ocean right now ... please say a prayer!*
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment