Wednesday, June 17, 2009

52 till wedding... Beach = major fail

Wow that number seems to be shrinking so quickly! It makes me smile everytime I type it in.

Yesterday began once again, at work. Staff meeting about the economy. Nothing I hadn't heard before so I probably didn't have to go. Oh well. I then packed my things and headed to the beach with my sister. This whole week is supposed to be rainy, but tuesday and wednesday were supposed to be partly cloudy and warm - no rain. Yeah.... about that... We got the OCNJ around 1230, and immediately went on the beach. It was cloudy, windy, and cold. We stuck it out for an hour, but we were so cold. We then checked into our motel which was humble to say the least. Clean, but just not home-y. My sister proceeded to study for her boards and I went for a 3.25 mile run and 0.75 mile walk. It felt great to run on the boardwalk - that is one of my favorite things to do. There are so many people to watch! To make a long story short, we spent some time up on the boards - ate some of the best pizza in the entire world (Mac n Mankos), and I was also able to talk with Lincoln a good bit while my sister studied. Unfortunately the weather was getting ugly and we decided to make the long trek home. I knew that there was no way we would be on the beach today - it was just too cold. So far beach trips this summer have been a major fail. Hopefully the next one will be better!

Today... I am up early with plans of working out. Haven't decided what to do yet, but I can tell you that my legs are still sore from the 5.8 mile bike ride on monday! Later today my best friend and I may get massages at the Hershey Hotel and Spa. It is a beautiful spa and we're hoping that we can get in today... a little late but we will see!

update 1: Ran 1/2 mile on treadmill - then lifted for 25 minutes (upper body and abs)

update 2: SPA DAY! We have an appointment for this afternoon - massages, facials, lunch. can't wait!

1 comment: