Monday, May 4, 2009

96 till wedding...

Well, i stepped on the scale... drumroll please... 133.5 lbs. Slightly embarrasing to see the truth staring you in the face, but as I blogged earlier, I lost too much weight, way too fast and now I am facing the consequences of thinking that I can eat whatever I want just because I'm running. I still have room to work but despite my weight I am feeling toned from running.

I woke up feeling just a little stiff today, but it was bearable. My right calf still cramped a little and my quads were sore, but overall I felt ok. Took the day off from running and decided to work on school work that I have been putting off.

B (around 1030): egg and toast (130) S: banana (100) S: protein bar (180) D: stromboli (?500) Ds: one serving of homemade vanilla icecream (?200)

So what did I learn from this amazing run? First I need to train better... granted, I went from running 4 miles to running 10 miles in less then 7 weeks, but for next year's race I want to be able to enjoy the city while I run. Second hydrate more! gosh darnit. I was so afraid of having to pee during the race that I didn't drink enough in the morning. Third - don't eat breakfast 2 hours before the race and expect to have enough energy to make it through!

Oh well, you live and you learn. Depending on how the muscles feel tomorrow, I'll hopefully be back on the road.

1 comment:

  1. I learned SO many things during my half-marathon too! Definitely to hydrate better, the water stations were few and far between!!

    Maybe next time consider bringing a small snack along. I brought a luna bar and had a couple bites around the 3rd mile because I also hadn't ate since 2 hours before and it seemed to work perfectly!

    Great blog, I just added it to my reader :-)

    ReplyDelete