Monday, May 11, 2009

89 till wedding... new goal race

Back to work again... honestly i feel like i have nothing to do but work when my honey is so far away :( Pathetic. I know. I think I might take the night off from running, my legs are still a little tight, so I may do some pilates and yoga. we shall see...

B: Oatmeal (130) L: cereal and banana (250) S: protein bar (180) *made sugar cookies* dang things! (?300) S: dry cereal (200) D: Still stuffed from cookies... only had yogurt and strawberries (100)

I have been back and forth on training for this distance run in philly in september and I have made up my mind to train for it. I am a little nervous about training in the summer, but I can always run early in the morning or in the evening. A friend of mine was talked into running it as well and I am sure that I know a few other girls that will run it too so that is even more reason to train! I hear it is a great course and this will give me motivation to keep up the long runs. I love having a goal to work towards! Kinda scary, but exciting too!

So there you have it folks... Distance date? September 20, 2009 (watch the video - inspiring!)

In other news... Yesterday I bought myself a nike plus! I have had my eye on one for a while and finally bought one, it should be coming in the mail in a few days! I can't wait to start using it! I would eventually like to get a garmin, but I told myself that I have to train for and finish a half marathon before I buy a garmin... so by october I will have one! :)

1 comment:

  1. Training for a race is SO rewarding and a little addicting! I loved every minute of training for my half-marathon and the accomplishment of finishing it was amazing!! I think it's great you signed up for a race :-)

    ReplyDelete